Well-shaped and hard Abdominals (also known as abs) are something that everybody loves. You can’t consider yourself a bodybuilder and be satisfied with your body if your abs are not rock hard and shaped like a piece of art. Building the perfect abs can turn out to be a hard job for some bodybuilders (amateurs especially) for a number of reasons.
One thing to know from the start is that there is no such thing as the best abs exercise that will transform your belly in as little as two weeks. You have to be ready to put a ton of effort into your workouts and learn how to combine different types of exercises for maximum effect. So what we have done here for you is to give you a list of some of the most popular and most effective exercises that you can use and combine in order to sculpt your body into its perfect shape.
Hanging Leg Raise
This is one of the most popular abs exercises that is loved by bodybuilders worldwide. This exercise might be a little bit difficult for beginners but once you start getting stronger and stronger you will find this workout to be amazing for many reasons. One of those reasons is the fact that you can scale this exercise according to your strength and performance. Beginners can start just by raising their knees, after that when they become stronger they can start boosting the difficulty by raising their feet, then they can start raising their legs even higher, and then they can even place weights on their knees for even more efficiency and quality
The way to do Hanging Leg Raise is as follows:
- Grab on to a bar with your feet hanging in the air and your arms fully extended upwards. This is your standing position. Perform the next steps slowly and always try to keep steady and don’t swing on the bar.
- Raise your legs or knees (depending on your strength and potential) until your torso and legs meet up at a minimum of 90 degrees and then hold like that for about one second. Exhale as you perform this step. You can increase the difficulty here by trying to reach a degree smaller than 90 with your legs fully stretched out.
- Start lowering your legs back down to your standing position as you breathe in.
Or to be more accurate – Barbell Squat. It’s also one of the most popular abs workouts in the world. Squats are also one of the most famous leg and back exercises but experienced bodybuilders will tell you that you can build great abs with it as well. Very good at channeling tension to your abs, helping them to burn unnecessary fat. Squats are also very scalable since you can constantly increase the weights you are using with your barbell. Squats are one very simple workout that will not only boost your abs but it will also help you build up your legs and make your back stronger. You should definitely consider adding this exercise to your cycle.
The way to do Barbell Squats is as follow:
- Place your barbell on your shoulders behind your neck. Stand straight in a perfectly upright position with your feet standing at hip width. This will be your starting position.
- Move down by bending your knees and try not to move the rest of your body if you wish to take the full effects out of this workout. When your upper legs meet up with your lower legs behind your knees then you should stop.
- Now you reverse the motion and start pushing back up to starting position as you try to keep steady.
Abs Wheel Rollout is another very potent and powerful workout for your abs. This exercise is pretty straightforward and easy to use which makes it perfect for beginners.
The way to do Abs Wheel Roll Out is as follow:
- Kneel on the floor, grab your Abs Wheel with both hands and place it on the floor in front of you. You will find yourself standing on your knees and hands. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly start rolling the Abs Wheel forward as you stretch your body with it. Try not to move your knees and try to go down as much as you can without touching the floor with your body. During this movement you should breathe in. At the end of the movement you should hold on for about two seconds.
- Now start rolling the Abs Wheel back into starting position as you breathe out. Go slowly and do not move your knees. Try to keep your abs tight and let them do most of the work.
Kneeling Cable Crunch
This exercise is very powerful when it comes to working out your belly. Very flexible and very effective, you pretty much use only your abs while performing this exercise.
The way to do this workout is as follows:
- Kneel down in front of your high pulley that has two ropes attached to it. Grab the rope and pull it down until your grip is right next to your years. This will be your starting position.
- Now, let your abs do most of the work and start going downwards as you keep your hands in one place. Do not pull the rope with your hands, let your abs do all the work. Pull as much as you can and exhale as you perform this motion.
- Start moving back to the starting position as you breathe in and try not to shake your body or move your hands. Allow your abs to do all the work otherwise you will only end up wasting all the effort.
So there you have it. These are just a few of the most popular abs exercises that bodybuilders use to shape their belly and make it as appealing as possible. There is one very important exercise that we missed. Running is probably the most effective abs exercise in existence.
Running is very good at burning the extra fat on your belly, allowing your abs to start forming up and appearing. This can be the very first thing you try to build up your abs. When and if running stops producing any results and you wish to take your workout to the next level then you should consider combining some of the exercises above and attempt to sculpt the perfect abs.
If you wish to build even better abs even faster then you should consider some of the Crazy Bulk Legal Steroids like Anvarol. With Anvarol, you will be able to boost your performance by taking even more advantage of your cycle.