Intro to Natural Bodybuilding Supplement
If it wan’t for supplements, most bodybuilders wouldn’t be half the size they are now. Supplements give bodybuilders that extra boost required to increase lean body mass and decrease fat, which are of utmost importance to any competing bodybuilder. A bodybuilder takes supplements in the form of protein and other compounds in order to take in as many calories and amino acids as they can to push them above and beyond the other competing bodybuilders.
In this article, you’ll discover a list of the best natural bodybuilding supplement in the market. You’ll be provided with each supplement benefits, natural sources and a list of three products that we highly recommand which you can choose from.
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 1: Whey Protein
As a foundation for muscle gains, quality protein supplementation is without equal. And the best absorbed form – often used specifically post-workout – is whey protein. Whey protein has a high biological value and is extremely convenient to take.and he’s a pure natural bodybuilding supplement.
- Mass Gain Supplement.
- Most Crutial For Pushing Protein Synthesis.
- It Digests fast and gets to your muscles rapidly to start building muscle and reparing muscle tissue.
How To Take Whey Protein
- Take 20 grams of whey protein powder in the 30 minutes before working out, and take 40 grams within 60 minutes after training. Also consider taking 20-40 grams of whey immediately upon waking every morning to kick-start muscle growth. Your best bet is to choose a whey powder that contains whey protein hydrolysates (whey protein broken down into smaller fragments for faster digestion) or whey protein isolate.
Natural Sources For Whey Protein
- Dairy Food: Milk, Yagourt, Ricotta Cheese, Cottage Cheese..
- Egg Whites
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 2: Casein Protein
Casein protein is a slow acting protein that also helps the body recover from resistance training and other workouts, it’s a natural bodybuilding supplement too, The benefit of taking a slow acting protein is that the protein stays in your system longer and thus creates an anabolic effect. Any time the body doesn’t have the necessary protein to synthesize it goes into a catabolic state and breaks down muscle tissue. Casein protein will help the body avoid ever going into a catabolic state, by keeping protein in your system, readily available for long periods of time.
- Slows Digestion rate.
- Makes you feel less full.
- It prevents catabolism while you sleep by emptying slowly and steadily.
- Boosts muscle protein synthesis much like whey does.
How To Take Casein Protein
- Choose a casein protein that contains micellar casein (the slowest-digesting casein you can buy) and take 20-40 grams right before going to bed. After workouts, add 10-20 grams of casein to your whey protein. Also, use 20-40 grams of casein in your protein shakes between meals.
Natural Sources For Casein Protein
- Dairy Food: Milk, Cottage Cheese ..
- Poultry, Meat and Fish: Steak, pork, chicken, turkey, salmon and sole
- Nut Butters: peanut butter or almond butter
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 3: Creatine Protein
Creatine is a naturally occurring amino acid (protein building block) that’s found in meat and fish and as a natural bodybuilding supplement, and also made by the human body in the liver, kidneys, and pancreas. It is converted into creatine phosphate or phosphocreatine and stored in the muscles, where it is used for energy. During high-intensity, short-duration exercise, phosphocreatine is converted into ATP, a major source of energy within the human body.
Benefits of Creatine Protein
- Increases the amount of fast energy to perform reps
- It hydrates muscle tissue, which, over time, causes them to become bigger and stronger.
- Increses levels of insuline like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in muscles, which is critical for stimulating growth.
How To Take Creatine Protein
- Take 2-5 grams of creatine in the form of creatine monohydrate, creatine malate, creatine ethyl ester or creatine alpha-ketoglutarate with your protein shake immediately before workouts. This will help keep your muscles saturated with creatine, producing the rapid energy they need to perform more reps. Then consume another 2-5 grams with your post workout shake (in addition to 40-100 grams of fast-digesting carbs), a time when creatine will be rapidly taken up by muscle cells and the boost in IGF-1 levels will help prompt further growth. On days when you don’t train, take 2-5 grams of creatine with a breakfast that contains carbohydrates.
Natural Sources For Creatine Protein
- Complexe Carbs:
- Wild game
- Red meet and fish (herring, salmon, and tuna).
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 4: BCAA’s (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)
Branched chain amino acids, also called BCAAs,Natural bodybuilding supplement too, are the three essential amino acids needed for protein synthesis: leucine, isoleucine and valine. Leucine is the most critical of the three, as research shows that it can stimulate muscle protein synthesis on its own. Yet it’s still best to take all three together, since they work in synergy to provide a multitude of benefit. These amino acids make up one third of muscle in the body. The body breaks down muscle when it needs energy, especially during strenuous exercise, to get these amino acids. By providing the body with BCAAs during or after a workout, you can inhibit the body from breaking down muscle.
Benefits of Branched-Chain Amino Acids
- Repairing and building muscle tissue.
- Increases energy during workouts
- Blunts cortisol (a catabolic hormone that inhibits testosterone and increases muscle breakdown).
- Decreases delayed-onset muscle soreness.
How To Take Branched-Chain Amino Acids
- Take 5—10 grams of BCAAs with breakfast, as well as in your pre- and post workout shakes. Look for BCAA products that provide leucine at a ratio of 2:1 per dose of isoleucine and valine. For example, if you take a 5-gram dose of BCAAs, about 2.5 grams should be from leucine, 1.25 grams from isoleucine and 1.25 grams from valine.
Natural Sources For Branched-Chain Amino Acids
- Red meet, Fish and Poultry
- Dairy Food: low-fat or nonfat milk, low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat yogurt, frozen yogurt, sour cream and low-fat cheeses
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 5: Beta-Alanine / Carnosine
In the body, the amino acid beta-alanine is combined with another amino, histidine, to form carnosine. Beta alanine is a nonessential amino acid, which means that it is made naturally by the body. Many amino acids are used as building blocks for protein synthesis. Beta alanine is known for boosting levels of carnosine, which helps to increase performance in the body. Although your body makes beta alanine naturally, many athletes and active people benefit from taking it as a supplement as well.
- Increases muscle fibers ability to contract force.
- Longer training sessions without fatigue.
- Works dramaticaly with creatine.
How To Take Beta-Alanine Supplements
- Take 1—2 grams of beta-alanine or carnosine immediately before and after every workout in addition to your shakes and creatine. On nonworkout days, take 2 grams with breakfast, along with creatine.
Natural Sources For Beta-Alanine
- Fish, pork, beef, turkey, and chicken
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 6: Nitric oxide Boosters
Nitric oxide (nitrogen oxide, nitrogen monoxide) is a molecule with a chemical formula NO. (nitrogen and oxygen). Nitric oxide is one of the most powerful vasodilators occurring naturally in humans, making it one of the best ways to naturally lower your blood pressure and improve your arterial health. Many men haven’t got a clue how important this substance actually is to a man. It widens up your veins improving your blood flow, it makes your veins much more flexible, and it actually clears up the plaque from your arteries. On top of that it creates a very nice visual aspect, as you can see from the hands of Sylvester Stallone on the picture.
Benefits of Nitric oxide
- Dilates Blood Vessels.
- Supports More Blood Flaw to the muscles for enhanced delivery of oxygen, nutrients, anabolic hormones and water.
- Boosts energy levels, muscle pump growth and recovery.
- Lowers your blood pressure and improves your arterial health.
How To Take Nitric oxide Boosters
- Take an NO booster that provides 3—5 grams of arginine in the form of L-arginine, arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, arginine ethyl ester or arginine malate. Also, consider NO boosters that provide ingredients such as citrulline, pycnog-enol and American ginseng, which enhance arginine’s ability to increase NO. Take one dose at each of the following times: in the morning before breakfast, 30—60 minutes before training, immediately after training and 30—60 minutes before bedtime. When possible, take each dose without food and consider combining it with 500—1,000 mg of vitamin C, which can help maintain levels of NO for longer.
Natural Sources For Nitric oxide
- Dark Chocolate, Watermelon, pomegranate, Walnuts, Brown Rice, Spinach, Oranges, Beetroot (Beets), cranberries, Garlic, Black tea, Cayenne pepper, honey, pistachios, salmon, Kale, animal organs, Onions, Shrimps, peanut butter
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 7: Glutamine
Glutamine are the most plentifull aminos found in the humain body.It is a natural bodybuilding supplement too, The body can make enough Glutamine for its regular needs, but extreme stress (the kind you would experience after very heavy exercise), your body may need more Glutamine than it can make. Most Glutamine is stored in muscles followed by the lungs, where much of the Glutamine is made.
Benefits of Glutamine
- Aiding muscle growth by increasing the levels of leucine.
- Decreases muscle breakdown and boosts the imminue system.
- Reduces muscle fatigue for days after a tough lifting session.
- Support fat loss by increasing the amount of calories and fat burned after and during exercices.
How To Take Glutamine Supplements
- Take 5—10 grams of Glutamine in the morning with breakfast, with your pre- and postworkout shakes, and with your nighttime snack. Take Glutamine with cold or room temperature foods or liquids. It should not be added to hot beverages because heat destroys Glutamine.
Natural Sources For Glutamine
- Beef, pork and poultry, milk, yogurt, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, raw spinach, raw parsley, and cabbage.
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 8: ZMA
ZMA is a patent-pending synergistic nutrient formula designed to promote anabolic gains in trained athletes. ZMA contains generous amounts of two exceptionally well-absorbed mineral chelates, zinc monomethionine aspartate and magnesium aspartate, as well as vitamin B-6, a key nutrient in many metabolic activities that involve the body’s utilization of amino acids.
Benefits of ZMA
- Very important for maintaining hormone levels and aiding sleep (essential for recovery)
- Increases levels of Testosterone and IGF-1.
- Promotes mucle strength gains
- Increases metabolism rate
- Optimizes the absorption and availability of zinc and magnesium during peak times of muscle growth.
How To Take ZMA Supplements
- Use a ZMA product that provides about 30 mg of zinc, 450 mg of magnesium and 10.5 mg of vitamin B6, and take it 30—60 minutes before bedtime without any food or calcium. Taking ZMA on an empty stomach will enhance its uptake and utilization and improve your sleep quality for optimal recovery.
Natural Sources For ZMA
ZMA isn’t actually a nutrient. It’s composed of three things Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6. there are a lot of foods that contain the individual ingredients, but you won’t find it in the same ratios/amounts that are present in ZMA and here is a list:
- Almonds and other nuts
- whole grains
- dairy food
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 9: Carnitine
Carnitine, derived from an amino acid, is found in nearly all cells of the body. Its name is derived from the Latin carnus or flesh, as the compound was isolated from meat. Carnitine is the generic term for a number of compounds that include L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, and propionyl-L-carnitine
Benefits of Carnitine
- Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized (“burned”) to produce energy.
- Inhaces Muscle growth.
- Increase blood flow to muscles, which means it provides similar benefits to NO boosters.
- Increses Testosterone levels and the amout of Testosterone receptors inside muscle cells.
How To Take Carnitine Supplements
- Take 1—3 grams of carnitine in the form of L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine or L-carnitine-L-tartrate with breakfast, your pre- and postworkout shakes, and nighttime meals.
Natural Sources For Carnitine
- Red meet
- Dairy products
- Peanut butter
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 10: Omega-3 Fish Oil
The many health benefits to be derived from eating fatty as natural bodybuilding supplement, cold-water fish such as salmon and mackerel are well documented. However, due to various contaminants, purity and quantity of essential fatty acids supplied, availability and price, gaining valuable Omega-3 fatty acids from these sources is often not ideal. Fish oil in supplemental form, on the other hand, provides the perfect ratio of these Omega-3’s in the purest and most concentrated way possible.
Benefits of Omega-3
- Improves performance and build muscle.
- Support blood circulation to allow nutrients to reach muscle and exert their effects.
- Assists fat loss through maximizing metabolic rate.
- Helps to form a foundation from which thermogenesis can occur.
- Joint lubrication and cardiovascular health.
How To Take Omega-3 Supplements
- There are no standard doses for omega-3 fatty acids. The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends 1 gram per day of EPA+DHA for people with heart disease. Higher doses — between 2 to 4 grams per day — are used to lower triglycerides. If you need to take omega-3 fatty acid supplements, ask your health care provider what dosage you should use. Children shouldn’t use omega-3 fatty acid supplements unless a doctor suggests it.
Natural Sources For Omega-3
- Flax Seeds
- Brussels Sprouts
- Winter Squash
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 11: Multivitamins
A multivitamin and mineral supplement is not purely a natural bodybuilding supplement in terms of directly targeting muscle growth the way creatine and L-glutamine do. Taking a high potency and high quality vitamin/mineral product is a fundamental way in which to support the cellular conditions under which performance and muscle growth can occur.
Benefits of Multivitamine
- Great for promoting imminue system.
- Supports best results un health and subsequent tissue growth and function.
How To Take Multivitamine Supplements
- Multivitamins are more easily digested natural bodybuilding supplement, when they are taken with food which also aids in your body’s absorption of it. By taking it with food, it will also decrease the chance of a queasy stomach. No matter when you take a multivitamin, try to keep as close to a regular schedule as possible. If you take one at dinner, don’t take another at breakfast. Wait until dinner the following night or simply skip it until the following morning.
Natural Sources For Multivitamine
- Fruits and veggies
Natural BodyBuilding Supplement 12: Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
This fatty acid found in natural meat and dairy products may help incinerate body fat while supporting muscle mass and strength.you can take it as natural bodybuilding supplement, It’s great for promoting healthy body composition and can be considered both a fat burner AND mass builder support.
Benefits of Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- Increases bodyfat while supporting muscle mass and strength.
- Promotes healthy body composition.
- Fat burner and mass builder supporter.
How To Take Conjugated Linoleic Acid Supplements
- If you’re not taking CLA already, now is the perfect time to start — for maximum benefit, you need to take CLA for at least 12 weeks. Look for cis-9, tran-11 and/or tran-10, or cis-12 on the label.
Natural Sources For Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- ground turkey
- Swiss cheeses
- Colby cheeses
Sum It Up
To sum things up, our necessary naturalbodybuilding supplements for muscle building and workout recovery include a high-quality protein complex, branched chain amino acids and glutamine. Bodybuilding supplementation doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, the simpler you make it, the more effective it can become. By focusing your attention and resources on only the supplements that will provide the greatest results, you can simplify your life and maximize your results. If you train naturally and you truly care about what goes into your body, invest in some natural bodybuilding supplement today. Your physique will be rock solid and you’ll feel good knowing you did it all naturally.