This article will focus on the best ways to maximize Metabolism. Not only the best way to Maximize Metabolism for fat loss, but also for building lean muscle and preventing fat gain.
A typical scenario for many and perhaps even yourself: You are a dedicated bodybuilder, or at the very least dedicated to losing the extra lbs and putting on a bit of muscle mass. So because of this you do exactly what the so called experts say. I.e the guys writing the bodybuilding magazines. I say the guys writing it due to the fact the guy you see lifting has NEVER wrote for that article and it’s not even his real routine.
Basically what happens is they pay a guy enough money to do a photoshoot but not enough to spend any real amount of time doing anything else. So because of this, some little editor who has never lifted weights or coached anyone in his life with the smallest bit of knowledge on bodybuilding makes up an article discussing a fictional routine and nutrition plan.
All of it is complete rubbish of course and usually too high in volume and carbohydrates to work.
Anyway, following this advice, you decide it’s time to cut calories to burn off that fat! You know you have to exercise. You’ve made your “calories out” greater than your “calories in, so you should be losing body fat and building more muscle, right? Wrong!!!
You find that you aren’t losing body fat, But how is this so? How, with all this extra cardio, can you NOT be losing body fat? You’re still not paying attention to an extremely underrated and far too often forgotten factor of weight and fat loss and what is that I hear you screaming at me? Well, your metabolism, of course!
Did you know that the food, exercise, and lifestyle choices you make every minute of every single day have a significant impact on your metabolism? Well, now you do. But what’s important is understanding how to manipulate them into having a POSITIVE effect.
Now for example, let’s say that if you starve yourself instead of following a sensible fat-loss eating plan your metabolism will slow down. [notice I said fat loss not weight loss? We don’t care about becoming a skinner version of yourself.] We care about becoming a LEANER, better looking version of yourself!) When your metabolism slows, your calories out will be less, and that means you will gain fat instead of losing it. Not a great thing to have going against us!
So for every day that you continue to slow your metabolism with unhealthy lifestyle choices, you get further and further away from your fat loss goals. Here’s how you can maximize your metabolism quickly and easily.
Here Are My Top 10 Bodybuilding Tips to Help You Maximize Metabolism, Lose Your Unwanted Weight & Finally Build More Muscle the Right Way Ie the quick and safe way!
- This one is by far the most important, but often the most over looked and actually over used! (I don’t know why!) But don’t, under any circumstances, attempt to starve yourself. Cutting calories too much is one of the worst things you can do to your body. Starving yourself actually causes you to lose much more water weight and muscle than fat. Again, by simply reducing 500 calories every 2 or 3 weeks from your diet can lead to 2lbs of fat loss PER week that’s 8lbs in a month! Not including the cardio and weight training you can easily double it. Why starve yourself and ruin your body when you follow this simple method and look MUCH better?
- This one is easy. Eat 6-8 small meals per day with an emphasis on lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables. To lose fat and unwanted weight effectively you must have a nutrition plan. So spend a couple hours on a day off preparing as much food as you can for the upcoming week. And I don’t want to hear excuses of “Oh, I can’t do this” Yes, you can. If you can spend a few hours watching NCIS, or Desperate Housewives you can easily, and I mean this, EASILY prepare your food. Oh, you work in an office, you say? Never heard of a packed lunch?
- Again one of the most underused and most important things you can do. Eat breakfast. You should make this meal part of your daily metabolism-boosting plan. At the very least, eat a lean protein, drink Green Tea, and consume a fiber-rich fruit to get your fat loss day started right. If you find it hard to eat in the morning try a protein smoothie! Not only do these taste great, but they take a few minutes to make. Experiment with protein, Whey protein and milk protein generally taste the best and offer the greatest nutrients at this time of morning!
- Eat healthy fats. Sources of healthy fats included nuts, fish, olive oil, and flax oil. Replace processed carbohydrates in your diet with almonds. For example, if you currently eat a small bag of pretzels as a mid-afternoon snack, eat almonds instead. Something I CAN NOT recomend highly enough is supplementing with omega 3 fish oils. Try getting 15 to 20grams daily for the first 6 weeks. Then between 10 to 15 grams daily. Not only does this keep insulin levels and blood sugar inline, correcting your ratios of omega 3-6-9′s in your body has led to dramatic fat loss in those deficient as 95% of the population now is. it’s common to see weight loss of 5 to 6lbs in just a few weeks. But as Charles Poliquin noted, in RARE cases, up to 30/35lbs has come off in just over 6 weeks.
My point being, if you are deficient in this, it could be causing you a lot of problems, so get some omega 3′s in!
- Eat high quality foods that will help you control your blood sugar, insulin, and energy levels. This will help you lose fat and prevent you from gaining unwanted weight. Steak, chicken breasts, brocolli etc.
- Depending on your goals, your protein intake will differ but if you are dieting you need at least 1g of protein per pound bodyweight. So let’s say you weigh 160lbs you would get 160grams if dieting. However, if you are trying to bulk, it’s perhaps better to go up to 200grams minimum.
- Don’t drink alcohol. Alcohol prevents fat burning and will quickly add hundreds of calories. Alcohol intake can also reduce testosterone levels, a big no-no for men looking to get lean. If this wasn’t bad enough, it also promotes fat gain into the abdominal region. There is nothing “good” about alcohol. And if you find you can’t go out without needing to drink perhaps you need to have a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. If you are incapable of having friends or having a good time without being under the influence then you clearly have further issues than your metabolism. If you have friends who don’t support your goals, then perhaps they’re not your friends at all, I.e. 40 year old virgins living with their moms. Or do you want to look like them?
- Drink Green Tea and water. This will prevent your metabolism from slowing down. Not to mention, these are your 2 healthiest beverage options. You need to be getting around 6 to 8 liters of water per day! The green tea will help with the antioxidants and remove all the chemicals and crap that has been broken down into your body during this time.
- Stick to a consistent sleep schedule. If possible, avoid working afternoon and overnight shifts. And, don’t stay up late watching television. Aim for 8 hours sleep minimum! Let’s say you sleep 6 hours, and you get it up to 8 hours per day. Guess what? Expect a good 4/5lbs extra fat loss in the coming month, along with a lot more energy and of course KEEPING the fat off!
- Use Carb Cycling and of course HIIT. By doing these 2 things you will make sure you are burning fat as effectively as possible and, of course, strengthening the heart muscles. Dramatic fat loss can easily occur and it is commonly used by celebrities and models alike.
Recently I have been experimenting with my clients adding an additional mini-workout to our regular Training fat loss program. By completing a bodyweight circuit (10-20 minutes per day), we’ve discovered that we boost our metabolism again and increase our fat loss results. (And I don’t just mean a lb or two a week, I mean noticable increase)
So if you do your regular bodybuilding workout in the morning, add a bodyweight circuit after dinner. On the other hand, if you workout in the afternoon, do a bodyweight circuit first thing in the morning. (But preferably the other way around)
If your metabolism has slowed down due to improper dieting or lifestyle, then the Turbulence Training Lifestyle will help you get back on track to lose fat and gain more muscle. Once you correct your metabolism, you will be on the road to losing fat for good.
I hope you found this article helpful and be sure to comment below, we are always here to help out and help everyone GET their goals.