Stanozolol steroid has long been considered one of the most popular steroids in the muscle-building community and in athletics. It was introduced to the anabolic steroid market in the 1950s. Even though it isn’t the result of modern technological breakthroughs, Stanozolol remains one of the most recognizable anabolic steroids. However, unlike other steroids, it’s better known under its original brand name. It is affectionately called “Winnie” by many who use it.
Its fame and notoriety go beyond the gym rat population. It’s because so many athletes were caught using steroids and it has attracted international attention. Ben Johnson’s case is perhaps the most well-known. He was stripped of his Olympic medal after doping testing found that he had used Stanozolol. A few years earlier, several MLB baseball players were also arrested and suspended for using Stanozolol.
Stanozolol has been banned as a steroid. Why then do athletes keep using them, even though it may be detrimental to their reputations or livelihoods? There are many reasons to do this, but it’s up for debate whether they’re good enough.
Stanozolol’s long-lasting popularity can be seen when you carefully examine its list of benefits. Many athletes are unable to resist the many benefits it offers.
- SHBG decrease
When your Sex-Hormone-Binding-Globulin levels are high, you end up with a lower amount of free testosterone which you could have used for muscle-building instead. Stanozolol has a remarkable 50% reduction in SHBG, which is more than any other anabolic steroid. This means that you will have more testosterone to work out with. This lower SHBG level allows other steroids to work better.
- Nitrogen retention
The nitrogen is required by muscle tissues to allow you to enter a muscle-building or anabolic state. Stanozolol helps you with this so that your muscles don’t become weaker (catabolic).
- Greater protein synthesis
When building muscle, it is important to consume more protein. Protein supplements are a good option. Your muscles don’t always get as much protein as they need. Stanozolol will allow you to increase protein use in your muscle so you can have larger muscles.
- Increased numbers of red blood cells
Red blood cells are necessary to transport oxygen from your blood into tissues, organs, or muscles. Now you have more oxygen and will be able to exercise longer.
- Glucocorticoid inhibition
Glucocorticoids (also known as muscle-wasting hormones) are stress hormones. Cortisol (one of them) is one. These hormones are responsible for muscle loss and fat accumulation. Stanozolol will reduce your Glucocorticoid levels so that you can have a greater chance of fat loss and muscle growth.
- Speed and power
Stanozolol has no bulking properties so you don’t gain much weight or get any heavier. Stanozolol does improve your strength but doesn’t increase your weight. For many athletes, that’s a tremendous advantage. You get power without losing speed and stronger legs might even lead you to greater speeds.
- Improved bone strength and tendon strength
Stanozolol is sometimes prescribed by doctors for osteoporosis. It’s because the steroid helps to strengthen your bones as well as your tendon.
- It can be used in a cutting cycle
This steroid may be useful for someone already lean. It helps to prevent muscle loss during cutting.
- No estrogenic effects
This does not aromatize. It means that the testosterone it supplies doesn’t get converted into estrogen. Side effects that can be estrogenic include water retention, gynecomastia, and male boobs.
- Greater bioavailability
You don’t need to waste any of your dosage. Instead, you can use the entire amount. Let’s take it down to the most important benefit. This allows you to gain and preserve muscle, but it doesn’t allow you gain weight. This makes you a strong specimen, which is especially important for sports where speed, agility and strength are essential for winning.
Your bones will become stronger and you won’t need to worry if your boobs get bigger. The combination of all these benefits is no surprise that it’s so beloved by gym rats.
Side effects of Stanozolol
It is not fair, however, to fail to take at least a glance at the possible Stanozolol side effects. Some anabolic steroids can have more serious side effects than others. It’s true, however, that some steroids are not quite as hazardous. This is unsafe enough that a ban should be imposed. Here are some problems you might encounter when taking Stanozolol. This is not an exhaustive list, but it should help you understand why it was banned by World Doping Agency.
- Cardiovascular side effects are the most serious with Stanozolol. It’s well-known for lowering your good HDL cholesterol while increasing your bad LDL. This applies regardless of whether it is taken orally or intramuscularly. To counter this, you will need a cholesterol antioxidant to supplement a high-fat diet and low intake of sugars. Also, you should do cardiovascular exercise regularly.
- This is also extremely toxic to the liver. It’s a common trait with all steroids. This is true regardless of whether you use injectable versions. While it is not as hepatotoxic like Methandrostenolone’s, the effects on your liver are far more severe than Oxandrolone. Due to this side effect, you will need to take liver detoxifying supplements. This means you must avoid alcohol and avoid taking any other medications. It is also not recommended to be taken if you have liver issues. Stanozolol shouldn’t be used for longer than 8 weeks because it is important to give your liver rest.
- Similar to other anabolic steroids it also suppresses your body’s natural capacity to produce testosterone. You will be suffering from low testosterone if you don’t make up that difference by taking testosterone shots. These low levels of testosterone will not allow you to work out properly.
- While estrogenic side effects are unlikely to occur, it can cause androgenic problems. It is dependent on your genetic disposition. It is notoriously known to cause hair loss. However, it only works in men who are predisposed to male pattern baldness. The steroid will only make you go thinner faster. Acne can also happen and can show up on your chest, shoulders, back, and neck.
- Stanozolol may also be available to women. However, there is a risk of virilization. If you’re female, your clitoris might grow bigger and you may have more body hair. Your voice could also become deeper. These symptoms generally disappear once you stop taking the steroids. However, if these symptoms persist then the problems can become permanent.
The Stanozolol dose that you take can impact the severity and frequency of side effects. The greater your risk, the higher the dose.
Stanozolol dosages for athletes range from 25 to 50 mg. This can be taken every day or just once a week. The usual dose for bodybuilders is 50mg tablets. However, it’s rare for users not to exceed 100mg per day. Use it during the cut cycle and then stop after 8 weeks. They aren’t a better option than injectables. Even though you get inconvenience and pain, there is still the possibility of liver damage.
Stanozolol can also be bought online. But you should be wary of counterfeiters. Although it is readily available in both injectable and oral forms, Stanozolol can be purchased from many sellers online. But, do you actually have to buy it? Stanozolol’s results might be impressive but its side effects can be frightening.