Certain people have focused their attention on AAS consumption to gain the anabolic steroid benefits. Anabolic steroid means that you can increase your growth while androgenic means that you develop the characteristics of the male sex. While steroids improve muscle-building ability, side effects can also be experienced.
What Is the Difference Between a Steroid and a Prescription Drug?
Anabolic androgenic, or synthetic testosterone, is the male hormone. They are responsible in many ways, such as the nervous, reproductive, and muscular systems. The steroid is natural in humans. It is most commonly a male hormone. However, it can also occur in smaller quantities in women. Normal testosterone levels in humans range between 300 and 1000 ng/dl if they are males, and between 15 and 70 ng/dl if they are females. Artificial steroids increase testosterone levels which can lead to increased strength, muscle mass and power.
Steroids: The Benefits
Bodybuilders use steroids primarily to promote muscle growth. Many sportspeople purchase steroids UK in order to increase their strength and endurance. But steroids have many other benefits.
- A higher synthesis of protein results in better quality muscle tissue
- The body fat percentage decreases
- Muscle strength and power are improved
- Faster recovery from injuries and after workouts
- The bone mineral density increases
- Increased muscle endurance
- Red blood cells production stimulated
Steroids are beneficial for everyone. Here are some of those benefits:
- Benefits for Athletes
The use of steroids enhances the performance and speed of athletes. It is stated that steroids can make the body stronger by 20%, and it can also increase weight by up to 11 pounds. This is an excellent situation for athletes.
- Benefits for Strength Athletes
Muscle strength is essential in strength sports such as powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting and bodybuilding. These sports require increased power, strength, size, and muscle endurance to achieve their full potential.
- Benefits for people with muscle loss diseases
Loss of weight can be devastating for some serious diseases, including cancer, liver disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary syndrome, AIDS, or liver disease. Anabolic steroids can extend your life expectancy, and may even provide therapeutic outcomes.
Cons of Using Steroids
While steroids may prove to be beneficial for many people, side effects are too serious to ignore. Side effects can cause serious psychological and physical problems. The risk of adverse side effects increases when anabolic steroids are misused.
Below are some examples of side effects:
- The use of anabolic steroids along with resistance exercises can cause an increase in the left ventricle size and blood pressure. This could increase the risk of heart disease and cause early death.
- Teens and adults who are addicted to steroids tend to display aggression and impulsivity.
- Liver dysfunction could result from the use of steroids, particularly oral.
- Gynecomastia is an abnormal condition that causes swollen breast tissue in males. It occurs when anabolic steroids are abruptly stopped.
- Use of anabolic steroids in combination with hypogonadism reduces the function and shrinks the testes.
- Infertility could also be caused when sperm production is reduced
- Males who use steroid hormones often suffer from excessive hair loss, and early baldness.
Side Effects for Women
Certain side effects can occur in women when they consume anabolic steroids:
- Changes of breast size
- Abnormal menstrual cycles
- Increase in the size of the clitoris
- Changes in face and body hair growth
- Deepening and hoarse vocalization
Side Effects for Men
Like women, men also suffer from side effects:
- Infertility/reduced sperm count
- Impotence or inability to erection
- Development and maintenance of breasts
- Urinary problems including pain
- Shrinking of testicular
The adverse effects of steroid use are numerous. It is important to have regular blood tests in order to prevent any adverse health effects. Doctors do recommend lower doses of testosterone followed by post-cycle therapy.