I’m going to let you in on a little secret that can help you add some relatively quick size to lagging body parts. Let’s use the calves for example because I bet you’ve been slacking on training your calves, haven’t you?
Hey… I understand… it’s painful to work calves. But a great set of calves can really make your physique stand out. I admire a great set of calves much more than a great set of arms. Everybody works hard on building up their arms. Hardly anybody busts their butt building their calves.
So here’s what I want you to do:
For the next 4 weeks, work your calves at the END of your workout twice a week with preferably 2 days of rest between calf workouts. For example, work your calves on Mon. Thurs. or Tues. Friday.
The Specialization Program
- Do 5 sets of 8 to 10 reps of Standing Calf Raise or Donkey Calf Raise with as heavy a weight as you can handle. Rest for about two minutes between sets. The most important thing is to recover enough to use heavy weight for the required number of reps.
- Try to use the same weight for each set. If your reps fall below 6 due to fatigue then lower the weight or rest a little longer between sets. Each week try to add at least 5 pounds for all 5 sets.
- After your 5th set, rest about 2 minutes and reduce the weight you’ve been using by about 50%. Do one last set for at least 20 reps. If you can do more then keep going until temporary muscular failure, but do at least 20 reps. If you can’t complete 20 reps then reduce the weight again and without rest get your 20 reps.
- Now IMMEDIATELY go over to the water fountain, or grab your bottle of water and down at least 10 capsules of Nitrobol. (Take 15 to 20 capsules if you’re over 200 pounds.)
If you don’t have Nitrobol, then you can use BCAA’s (branched-chain amino acids) but the effect won’t be as potent or effective as Nitrobol. If you’re using BCAA’s then you need to take about 25 to 30 GRAMS (not milligrams).
The combination of heavyweight/low rep training with the final high rep set will have the muscle totally engorged with blood. Nitrobol will hit the bloodstream within 8 to 12 minutes and will be rushed to the area pumped with blood. This will cause a faster recovery which means faster size and strength gains.
What’s that you say? You’ve got puny calves and you don’t care? You want big arms because they’re “showy” muscles and nobody ever sees your calves? Geez… am I the only guy that cares about symmetry anymore?
OK…I’ll explain how to apply this technique to arm training. It’s almost exactly the same except with a little twist.
How To Use This Program For Bigger Arms
- Work your arms last in the workout as I said earlier. I prefer to work biceps first (so does Larry Scott). When your biceps are pumped, it provides a nice little “cushion” when doing triceps work. It feels nice, too!
- Perform your 5 sets of 8 to 10 reps of barbell or dumbbell curls just like I described for calf work. Rest for about two minutes or so between sets. We want to use as heavy a weight as possible (without cheating, of course.)
- Then move on and do your 5 sets of 8 to 10 reps of triceps work. Lying EZ-curl bar triceps extensions, close grip bench presses or dips are a good choice.
- After your 5th set of triceps work, rest for a couple of minutes and get ready for your final pump super-set.
- Select a weight about 50% of what you used for your biceps exercise and do a set of at least 20 reps and more if you can. Go for temporary muscular failure with this set. If you can’t complete 20 reps then reduce the weight again and without rest get your 20 reps.
- Then IMMEDIATELY without rest, go to your triceps exercise (again with about 50% of the weight you used for your heavy sets) and do a set of at least 20 reps and more if you can. Go for temporary muscular failure with this set. Once again, if you can’t complete 20 reps then reduce the weight again and without rest get your 20 reps.
- Now IMMEDIATELY down to at least 10 capsules of Nitrobol. (15 to 20 capsules if you’re over 200 pounds.) Take your Nitrobol with water, and not any of those sugar-loaded “post workout” drinks.
Wait approximately 15 minutes after taking Nitrobol and drink a post-workout drink consisting of 30 to 40 grams of high quality whey protein along with about 40 to 60 grams of clean carbs like waxy-maize or maltodextrin with minimal fats. Fats slow digestion and you want this meal to be digested quickly.
You should start seeing some results within about 2 weeks as long as you’re eating correctly and getting enough protein. Eat about 40 grams of some high-quality complete protein every 3 hours.