Apple has just recently released the Watch OS 3.1 & TV iOS 10.0.1. Both of these updates are already available for download for those with certain subscriptions. The Watch OS 3.1 & TV iOS 10.0.1 are available for developers only, this means that developers can get the update instantly if they have the previous beta version already installed.
For those who would like to get a firsthand look at the new Watch OS 3.1 & TV iOS 10.0.1, it is required that the user would go the Apple Developer Program website which will allow them to get pre-release goodies. The membership plan that one can get from the Apple Developer Program will cost the user $99 annually. In exchange, the user will get access to software that is not yet released for the regular user, in this case, early access to the Watch OS 3.1 & TV iOS 10.0.1.
In order to download the Watch OS 3.1 Beta 2, here are the steps to follow:
- Charge the Apple Watch device on its magnetic charger. This is a very important step, if omitted to do so the process to download the Watch OS 3.1 Beta 2 update will not work.
- Using your iPhone, launch the ‘Watch’ application and navigate to ‘General’
- From the ‘General’ tab, tap on ‘Software Update’
- Once prompted, tap on the ‘Download and Install’ pop-up
In order to download the TV iOS 10.0.1. Beta 2, here are the steps to follow:
- Activate the Apple TV
- Proceed to ‘Settings’
- Tap on ‘System’
- Choose ‘Software Updates’ and download the latest version of the update needed.
Keep in mind that the Apple TV will reboot as its final step in the installation process, do not turn off the Apple TV while it is downloading to avoid and the problem with the upgrade.