Snapchat and the Tribeca Film Festival is back with super short films.
They explain themselves with the resumption of the competition Shorts Tribeca Snapchat, an official part of the film in the program narration Snapchat 2015 Festival. The competition is looking for entries created for very short shorts – two minutes or less – social application with a maximum of 10 award-winning works included in Snapchat.
The judges of the 2017 Tribeca Snapchat program include actress and producer Eva Longoria, actor Andy Cohen, Bravo, actor Jason Biggs, the tenniss player Serena Williams and music producer DJ Dillon Francis. Other judges will be announced in 2017.
Tribeca, with Snapchat-Snap Inc.’s partnership – which has more than 150 million users a day – is part of the promotion, of course, and also aims to continue its mission to discover and support young artists.
Snapchat wants to reinforce the idea of using the application as a storytelling tool. In July, he launched Snapchat reminders to enable users to record and edit your clips to create new stories with them. (Previously snaps had to be edited and sent in real time) and competition Tribeca 2017, the developers now have access to a number of new tools for creating snapchat, brushes and scissors including recently introduced, so as set labels and text objects and the World of lenses.
Up to 10 films selected by Tribeca will be part of the festival program. The lectures are open Thursday (15 December) and on 17 February close 2017. The competition is open to US citizens over 18 years. Additional guidelines and submission rules are available at tribecafilm.com/snapchatshorts.
Winners of the 2016 Tribeca Snapchat Shorts competition, selected by judges including Jessica Alba, Steve Buscemi and DJ Khaled And Full List :
- Luke Versaw (Brooklyn), ‘Brother Broadway’
- Luke Ramsay (Austin), ‘Girl Meets Toy’
- Tessa Greenberg (Brooklyn), ‘Hot Dogs Forever’
- Colin Garland (Brooklyn), ‘Lost It: A Snap Story’
- John Crilo (Brooklyn), ‘The Magic Pot’
- Andrew Morreale (Los Angeles), ‘MemE! True Hollywood Story’
- Esha Gupta (Oakland), ‘Past Perfect’
- Kat Vlasova (Reston, Va.), ‘Pencils’
- Mariann Isola (Sacramento), ‘The Secret Stash’
- Robert “Tito” Rogers (North Hollywood), ‘So Fly! The journey of Rico Star’