The album “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made” was recorded in the woods in the past year. It was recorded around their native Pacific Northwest.
- Three years after releasing their Grammy award winning debut album “The Heist” Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are back with a bang. The Heist was a huge stepping stone for the duo in the music industry. After their first album and its successful impact on fans and the music industry they’re back with their second album to storm the industry one for time.
- This time they have come up with a new album named “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made“.
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have enclosed the release date and album title. The release date for their album is Feb 26.
- The Seattle-based duo has also unveiled the album trailer, cover art and a personal letter from Macklemore. Macklemore revealed the album cover through his Instagram post.
- In the letter he writes “I couldn’t escape, I’d been escaping the whole time. I had to finally look. Look at the mess we had made. In all its lacquered glory and its tarnished failures. Stare at it. Understand it. And then leave. I was too comfortable. Being comfortable is what kills artists.”
- This album is arriving after the duo’s comeback single, “Downtown, an ode to classic hip-hop. The song also featured pioneering MCs Kool Moe Dee, Melle Mel and Grandmaster Caz. This was performed by the cast at the MTV Video Music Awards last August.
- The full songs list is yet to be revealed and what is known right now is that, “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made” would also feature the collaborative tracks with singers like Ed Sheeran and Leon Bridges.
- The debut album of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis got No.1 position on the Billboard 200 after its release in October 2012, with tracks like “Thrift Shop” featuring Wanz and “Can’t hold us” featuring Ray Dalton.
List of Songs coming with the album:
Following are the tracks which would be featured by the duo in their album “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made”.
- Light Tunnels (Feat. Mike Slap)
- Brad Pitt’s Cousin (Feat. XP)
- Buckshot (Feat. KRS-One & DJ Premier)
- Growing Up (Feat. Ed Sheeran)
- Kevin (Feat. Leon Bridges)
- St. Ides
- Need to Know (Feat. Chance The Rapper)
- Dance Off (Feat. Idris Elba & Anderson .Paak)
- Let’s Eat (Feat. XP)
- Bolo Tie (Feat. YG)
- The Train (Feat. Carla Morrison)
- Downtown (Feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz)
- White Privilege II (Feat. Jamila Woods)
The songs can be downloaded and streamed through iTunes.