Here is the brief guide to clean installing iOS 10.0.1 in a few steps:
Steps before clean install:
The problem is actually quite widespread so by following the clean installation method enlisted here, you won’t encounter any problems. Ensure you have completed the following steps before you start the actual installation:
- Back up everything on your device.
- Turn off ‘Find My iPhone’ from the settings
- Install iTunes on your computer
- Keep your phone’s USB cable with you.
- Download the iOS 10 IPSW firmware file appropriate for your phone; it’s important to get this right otherwise restoration of your device by iTunes won’t be possible.
- After the completion of the download, launch iTunes and connect your device to the computer through the USB cable.
- You’ll see your device on the top left-hand corner of iTunes so click on it to reveal further details.
- You’ll see a ‘restore iPhone’ button at the center, click on it while simultaneously holding down the ‘shift’ key for windows or the ‘option’ key if you’re a mac user. This lead to the opening of a pop up on your screen.
- Then select the iOS 10 IPSW file you downloaded earlier which will start off the restoration process.
Do not mess with your computer until the installation is complete to ensure that nothing goes wrong.
When the installation is complete, restore the backup from earlier and disconnect your device unless you’re charging it.
It is always recommended to perform a clean installation of new firmware releases but ultimately it’s the decision of the users, whether they want to opt for this method or go down the OTA route.