The Shares of J M Smucker Co (NYSE:SJM), closed at $ 115.61 on Friday, September 4th, 2015 with a day change being observed at -1.27 (-1.09%).
The J. M. Smucker Company is a well-known name in the market as far as manufacturing and marketing branded food products worldwide is concerned. The Company operates through four segments: U.S. Retail Consumer Foods; U.S. Retail Coffee; U.S. Retail Pet Foods; and International, Foodservice, and Natural Foods.
The point of great interest for the stakeholders is that the J. M. Smucker Company has stated results for the first quarter ended July 31, 2015, of its 2016 fiscal year. Some of the key comparisons with respect to the first quarter of the previous year have been drawn as follows.
- As far as net sales are concerned, the figure has been raised $628.2 million, or 47 percent. This increase is indebted to the contribution of Big Heart Pet Brands that has been attained in fiscal 2015, and also the Company’s U.S. retail launch of Dunkin’ Donuts K-Cup pods during the quarter.
- While having a look at the net income per diluted share, it will be observed that it stays in line with the preceding year. The reason behind this fact was that the benefit from Big Heart operations was counterbalanced by higher interest expense and furthermore, the impact of additional shares outstanding.
- A decline of 1 percent was observed in Non-GAAP income per diluted share and was noted as $1.32.
- An enhancement of 7 percent was observed in adjusted non-GAAP income per diluted share that excludes amortization and was pointed as $1.60.
- The Company sustains its fiscal 2016 earnings outlook with non-GAAP income per diluted share expected to range from $5.65 to $5.80, and adjusted non-GAAP income per diluted share predictable to range from $6.80 to $6.95.
- The Company has also reconfirmed its synergy target related to the Big Heart acquisition of $200 million by the end of fiscal 2018.
On Friday, September 4th, 2015 the shares of Hormel Foods Corp (NYSE:HRL), closed at $60.67 with a day change being observed at -0.51 (-0.83%).
Hormel Foods Corporation is a well-known name in the market that produces and markets various meat and food products worldwide. The company operates in five major divisions: Grocery Products, Refrigerated Foods, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Specialty Foods, and International & Other.
According to the official statement by the sources at Hormel Foods Corporation, it has been announced that Jeffrey M. Ettinger, chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer, and Glenn R. Leitch, group vice president; president, Jennie-O Turkey Store, Inc., will present at 10:30 a.m. ET on Thursday, Sept. 10, 2015, during the Barclays Global Consumer Staples Conference in Boston, Mass.
On Friday, September 4th, 2015 Shares of Seadrill Ltd (NYSE:SDRL) closed at 7.10 with a day change being observed at -0.16 (-2.20%).
Seadrill Limited, is a renowned offshore drilling contractor that offers offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry globally. The company also operate through Floaters and Jack-up Rigs segments.
With Seadrill Limited, a settlement of a Total Return Swap agreement (TRS) expired on September 3, 2015 has been made with 4,000,000 common shares in Seadrill Limited as the fundamental security. Furthermore, Seadrill has later reached a new TRS agreement with exposure to 4,000,000 Seadrill Limited common shares. The expiry date for the new TRS is December 3, 2015 and the reference price is NOK62.80222 per share.
Notes to the Stakeholders:
This article is the intellectual property of www.jbhnews.com. The purpose of penning down this article has been just to share information. Moreover, it is firmly believed that all the information that are revealed in this article are believed to be from reliable sources, however, we do not make any representations or warranties whatsoever of any kind, express or implied, as far as the completeness, accurateness, or reliability with respect to this article is concerned.
All the respectable visitors to this website are kindly advised to conduct their own independent research into individual stocks prior to making a purchase decision.
This article contains an advanced information within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as well as statements regarding the forseeable frequent growth of the market for the corporation’s products, the corporation’s capability to fund its capital requirement in the close-to term and in the long term; pricing pressures; etc.
Furthermore, any statement that expresses or involves discussions with respect to forecast, expectations, beliefs, strategy, projection, objectives, aims, assumption, or future events or performance may be forward looking statements. In addition, the forward-looking statements are wholly and solely based upon expectations, estimates, and projections at the time the statements are made that involve a number of risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those presently anticipated. An easy way to identify the forward looking statements is through the use of such words as be expecting, will, foresee, guess, considered, or by statements that indicates certain actions may, could, should/might occur.