‘As the United States of America is counting votes for this year’s presidential election, India is counting notes.’ This is one of the hilarious comments that one shall come across when going through the Twitter reaction to the currency ban of the central government. The main motive behind this sudden currency ban is to curb the black money marketing.
Some of the mirthful comments on Twitter
This is one of the master strokes of the Prime Minister after the surgical strike. This seems to be one of the major strategies for bringing in a new trend of banning such illegal markets. The news stated that the new denominations of 500 and 2000 would be circulated soon. As some comment that this is an incredibly brave move of the government for bringing in ‘Acche din.’
A strategic stance to curb corruption
Some find this to be a step towards cutting down corruption. There is another set who find this to be a very insensitive move by the government throwing the common man into a crisis where the lack of sufficient cash in hand is pushing every individual o rush to the nearby atm to draw some immediate cash.
Some welcome it wholeheartedly as a fantastic move to better days. ‘Just found my wallet is empty. No currency notes’ are some of the other comments that prove how some people have fallen into dire emergency by running out of cash and not being able to handle this whole crisis period keeping their nerves strong.
As the government has announced that the banks will be closed for the next two days the chances of receiving or exchanging the old notes of 500 and 1000 has become quite impossible. The wait is making everybody quite nerve wrecked and anxious as there have been certain rules and regulations mentioned for exchanging these notes in the banks.
Ten most Hilarious Reactions on Twitter
- Pooja Mehta states India got modified and the USA may get trumped!!
It will be HILLARYous!!! SayNoToBlackMoneyModi Fights Corruption.
- Amitabh Bachchan comments ‘T 2435 – the new 2000 Rs note is PINK in color … the PINK effect ..!! ‘
- Dia Mirza: This is phenomenal. India fights corruption.
- Huma Qureshi: ‘Trump: I am going to hog the limelight today.
Modi: Bro, please.’
- Richa Chanda: ‘I left my house with 1500 in my wallet this morning. No, it means nothing. Someone send me Cadbury éclairs for transactions.’
- Vishwas Shashidhar states ‘Urgent message to anyone who robbed a bank yesterday: You just got robbed.’
- Kabir Taneja says ‘I am selling this rare collector’s Rs 500 note from 2016 AD Modi era for Rs 10,000. Anyone interested, please contact.’
- Manish Pant says ‘Modi trumps black money.’
- Abba says ‘Heart goes out for the wives who had saved up so much by sliding their hubby’s wallets.’
- ‘As the United States of America is counting votes for this year’s presidential election, India is counting notes.’