After 137 years, Memorial Day stays one of America’s most esteemed patriotic observances. The soul of this day has not changed – it remains a day to respect the individuals who kicked the bucket safeguarding the freedom and democracy of the country. Memorial Day isn’t just about respecting veterans, its regarding the individuals who lost their lives.
Things to know about Memorial Day
To numerous, Memorial Day, the federal U.S. holiday that happens each year on the last Monday of May, is simply one more reason for an extended weekend. Energetic Americans ought to pause for a minute from their day of festivity and relaxation to consider the brave sacrifices of the individuals who have given their lives for this incredible country. Get propelled by the accompanying 23 Glorious Memorial Day Quotes, which observe American saints, and also the qualities that make this nation worth battling for.
Memorial Day is an imperative day in America. It’s a day to express appreciation, to pay tribute and to recollect the individuals who gave their lives to ensure our nation. Actually, the citizens ought to be grateful each and every day of the year. However, the third Monday of May is the official day where we as a whole meet up to respect our fallen fighters.
The quotes to remember
We’ve assembled a couple quotes to bring out appreciation for the freedom the USA citizens are so honored to have.
- “Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.” JOHN F. KENNEDY
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” MARK TWAIN
- “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” NATHAN HALE
- “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.” BILL CLINTON
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.” BOB RILEY
- “They hover as a cloud of witnesses above this Nation.” HENRY WARD BEECHER
- “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.” WALLACE BRUCE
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” JOSEPH CAMPBELL
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.” THOMAS CAMPBELL
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” BENJAMIN DISRAELI (EARL OF BEACONSFIELD)
- “For love of country they accepted death.” JAMES A. GARFIELD
- “The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children.” WILLIAM HAVARD
- “The dead soldier’s silence sings our national anthem.” AARON KILBOURN
- “On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” THOMAS WILLIAM PARSONS
- “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.” FRANCIS A. WALKER
- “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.” JOSEPH RODMAN DRAKE
- “Four things support the world: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the good, and the valor of the brave.” MUHAMMAD
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are stiffened.” Billy Graham BILLY GRAHAM
- “Dead upon the field of glory, Hero fit for song and story.” JOHN RANDOLPH THOMPSON
- “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF
- “Aspire rather to be a hero than merely appear one.” BALTASAR GRACIAN
- “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.” LEE GREENWOOD
- “They fell, but o’er their glorious grave. Floats free the banner of the cause they died to save.” FRANCIS MARION CRAWFORD