Kim Davis, 51 years of age is a political figure. She is gaining importance with the flow. Kim Davis made her view through the media by hitting a big controversy in August 2015. She wasn’t afraid of the consequences. Eventually, she stood by what she said.
- Kim Davis a past Democrat and a present Republican.
- When Kim Davis’s mother filed that she won’t be up for the post in 2014, she enrolled herself in the elections for the country club.
- Kim Davis took an oath for country clerk on 5 Jan 2015 starting a four-year long term.
- Kim Davis gained international importance after her denial from issuing marriage licenses to same- sex couples in 2015.
- Kim Davis refused by saying that she is ” working under God’s authority”.
- Kim Davis contacted Beshear to help her in the matter.
- Family Foundation of Kentucky held a protest rally against the rulling out at State Capitol.
- After 5 days Kim Davis was released and was back at work with instructions.
- Many other clerks of the U.S. stopped issuing the license to the same-sex couples.
- Kim Davis and her husband meeting Pope Francis.
Kim Davis a past Democrat and a present Republican.
Kim Davis is mainly a political person. She was in the democratic party for 1983-2015. Now she is a republican. She has a very good sense of standing by the situations she wants to. Currently she is the country clerk for Rowan county, Kentucky.
In 1991, Kim Davis was Cheif deputy clerk at the same office. Then by the time she gained the position of country clerk. From here she is working presently. She faced her first challenge when the residents of Rowan Country voted against her high monthly wages. She used to earn more than Deputy clerk. Kim Davis stood by the storm firmly. Her mother has been working in the same office at a higher rank.
Also read : http://jbhnews.com/adolphe-sax/16352/
Kim Davis contacted Beshear to help her in the matter.
She wants to have an excutive order in which she can make her point clear. As the country clerks have to issue the license on their names she was reluctant to do that. She wanted a protection for the clerks who cant do this due to their moral differences. She knwe that she would get the jail sentence for not following the orders. But still she kept on turning gay couples away.
David Ermold and David Moore were the gay couple who mainly filed a lawsuit against Kim Davis for not issuing them the marriage license. according to them it was their official right. They were liberal. It was exactly according to the orders od the supreme court.
Family Foundation of Kentucky held a protest rally against the rulling out at State Capitol.
Kim Davis spoke bravely to the rally that she needed their support and prayers for standing with her point. After this issue got vocal she started denying the issuance of license to all the couples.
After 5 days Kim Davis was released and was back at work with instructions.
Eventually, after 5 days of the jail sentence, she was released and was back to daily routine The orders issued were that the deputy clerk working under Kim have nothing to do with her denial. Kim Davis will not interfere in the work of her deputy clerks who will keep on issuing the marriage license as per law.
Kim showed a true sense of cooperation. She completely guided her deputy clerks about the procedures. But she also mentioned that she has nothing to do with these licenses. She kept herself away from all what was happening.
Although it was tough for her to get used to this routine. The same couples she denied giving the license now have the legal licenses for themselves. They used to mock that their license is official and they don’t need her signatures on it.
Many people reacted to this controversy saying that Kim Davis has all the religious rights but as the couples are up to martial requirements of the state her objection on the license is totally irrelevant.
Many other clerks of the U.S. stopped issuing the license to the same-sex couples.
All the controversies came along but the marriage license was issued in the same office. But Kim Davis sticks to her words and her didn’t issue the license by her hands.